Homeschool ALUMNI

Events Forums Members Blogs Job Network Business Directory    

E-Mail:   Pass:   Remember   
Forum Index -> Library -> Music page(s) 1, 2, 3  Next

Relient K or Your Favorite Band     Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patricia
28, The Fire Swamp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 10 9:53 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I am seriously disturbed by the lack of prominence given Relient K on this page!
I haven't been able to find ONE Relient K thread! (Of course, I could just not be looking hard enough. Although, if this is the case their lack of prominence is still disturbing.Shocked )
So, this is your chance to profess your love for your favorite band: Relient K - or whatever other band might be your fave.
Although, why anyone would choose a band that isn't Relient K is BEYOND me.

Drew Boon (WBE)
31, Carrollton, GA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 10 10:09 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Well Relient K is very fun to listen to, but they're not nearly my favorite band. I haven't been particularly impressed with what I've heard on their last three or four albums - which, admittedly, isn't much. I have Two Lefts Don't Make a Right But Three Do and Let it Snow Baby ...Let it Reindeer, both of which I enjoy.

Daniel J. Mount OFC
31, Western North Carolina

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 10 9:04 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

My favorite band is the Cathedrals! I love their music! Smile

(Sorry—I wouldn't have jumped in unless you said I could!)

Robert Szalapski
32, Austin, TX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 10 3:05 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

New find for me: Freelance Whales

Kenneth
33, FL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 10 11:20 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

QueenReader, you're not the only RK fan. But neither they nor Skillet nor Mae get enough credit around here (my 3 favorites). Be sure to see RK live if you haven't. They're a great band.

Last edited by Kenneth on Wed Jan 20, 10 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
David Carnes (CRHR)
25, Sanford, FL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 10 1:45 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Relient K is one of the best. There tied with Thousand Foot Krutch as to which is my favorite band.

Patricia
28, The Fire Swamp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 10 7:00 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Disappointing that RK gets so little love around here.
Laughing

Honestly, the best part of Relient K's work is the tongue in cheek lyrics. I find them funny. Although, the happy songs on 'Five Score and Seven Years Ago' are some of my faves and they're not really the funny ones.

If you haven't heard Relient K I highly recommend you listen to 'Crayons Can Melt On Us For All I Care'. Laughing

Antonia I.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 10 7:46 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I've never even heard of Reliant K...off to do a google search.

Patricia
28, The Fire Swamp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 10 4:56 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I sincerely hope you don't think 'Crayons Can Melt On Us For All I Care' is the extent of Relient K's musical talents, Antonia!
I couldn't resist putting that one down for a reference!! Very Happy

What is your favorite band then?

Antonia I.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 10 5:10 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I don't really have a favorite band...my favorite singer is Billy Joel, but I listen to tons of different music. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Mana & Bush

Patricia
28, The Fire Swamp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 10 12:42 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

A Relient K thread should be at the top of the forum.

Razz

randabeth
34, Ga

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 10 3:58 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

for christian music I would havta say Rich Mullins is my all time favorite. His lyrics aren't just obvious hashed and rehashed basic idioms for obtuse skin deep people. (not saying anyone elses favorites are that way, just that there are those out there who 'write' that type of music)

Patricia
28, The Fire Swamp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 10 6:42 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I just find RK's tongue-in-cheek lyrics to be funny. My kind of humor, I guess. Very Happy

Amanda Lynn
25, Minnesota

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 11 4:52 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

My sister and I bought Mmhmm last Summer, and she gave me Two Lefts Don't Make a Right... But Three Do for Christmas. Very Happy So far I think I like Mmhmm the best of the two, but I need to listen to Two Lefts more before I make a definite decision. Wink So far, from the RK songs that I've listened to, it seems like most of their songs are less spiritual than just good clean fun. There are good RK songs with solid lyrics and a good message... but yeah, mostly they're just fun. imho
Maybe I just haven't listened to the right songs, though.
Oh, and btw Rilla, thanks for helping Matt to waste 10 seconds of my life. Wink

Last edited by Amanda Lynn on Tue Jan 04, 11 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rachel Keeth
23, Houston, TX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 11 5:30 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Mine is Owl City!

HSA News
The National Reunion in 2015... ?

2014 Reunion Discussion Forum
(more)

Alumni Spotlight
Nasby Brothers Record Album "Risen"

Sponsors:
MarryWell.org
What is Marry Well?

Shop4HSA:
shop4HSA