Homeschool ALUMNI

Events Forums Members Blogs Job Network Business Directory    

E-Mail:   Pass:   Remember   
Forum Index -> Library -> Music page(s) Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Relient K or Your Favorite Band     Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicole lynn
39, California

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 11 9:46 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

My favorite is mewithoutyou, nothing tops the art of their lyrics =)

Patricia
31, The Fire Swamp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 11 2:41 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

@Amanda Lynn - I can't really find it in me to apologize right now. I just find that song really funny for some reason. The name of it. That they actually put that on a cd as a track.... I find it funny.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yes, I do think there is something wrong with me.

Oh, Two Lefts 'Mood Ring' is one of the funniest songs on there. (That one is actually funny, not a waste of time. Wink )

Last edited by Patricia on Wed Jan 05, 11 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erica Lea
30, MN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 11 1:08 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Relient K has to be my favorite contemporary Christian band - perhaps favorite band, period. Smile

Rilla Hamfast wrote:

Honestly, the best part of Relient K's work is the tongue in cheek lyrics. I find them funny.

Yes! It's so fun to be listening to one of their songs for the first time and halfway through realize what they're trying to say. Wink Kinda like a riddle.

I have to agree with my sister Amanda Lynn that many of their songs don't present a clear Christian message. But some are quite convicting.

I really enjoy Sadie Hawkins, Forward Motion, Trademark...and just about anything from Mmhmm or Two Lefts Don't Make a Right. Smile

I also enjoy Owl City. Very fun, upbeat sound.

Patricia
31, The Fire Swamp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 11 2:47 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I think I've heard a couple Owl City songs and liked them.

Have you heard 5 Score and 7 Years ago. It's definitely their happiest album. The songs are so upbeat. The songs on there are less punny, but definitely make you grin.

I agree that they aren't a band to go to for a clear Christian message. They are a band to go to if you want to stop, rewind, get the joke, and laugh. Very Happy

Erica Lea
30, MN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 11 8:39 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I don't think I've listened to any songs from 5 Score & 7 Years Ago...except for Crayons Can Melt On Us For All I Care -- that one's funny. Hmmm...you've sparked my interest. Time to listen to some of that album. Smile

Patricia
31, The Fire Swamp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 11 2:23 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Anyone know if House of Heroes is any good?
I keep hearing about them and they are on Relient K's 'Mono vs Stereo' label.

Patricia
31, The Fire Swamp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 11 10:02 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Hello, little thread. How have you been? Jamming out to RK's tunes? Sweet. Cool

Lian
38, Kansas City

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 11 1:19 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Too many favorites to pick one, but last Sunday evening I heard Gungor live at my church and have to say they were incredible!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ji_4OLm1qk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR7VOKQ0xJY

RainbowMist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 11 4:48 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

The word "or" shouldn't even be in the title! There is no other option to the somewhat sane music loving person! Relient K, is by far the best. Wink

Boon
31, GA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 11 4:08 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

"If I had a million dollars, I'd buy you a K car, a nice Reliant automobile."

Okay, I'm going to be radical and say that my favorite band is Benny Goodman's band. Bwuhahaha!

Last edited by Boon on Tue Oct 25, 11 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Patricia
31, The Fire Swamp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 11 10:09 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

RainbowMist wrote:
The word "or" shouldn't even be in the title! There is no other option to the somewhat sane music loving person! Relient K, is by far the best. Wink

Hahaha! Nice. Cool

Patricia
31, The Fire Swamp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 11 10:14 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Boon wrote:
Okay, I'm going to be radical and say that my favorite band is Benny Goodman's band. Bwuhahaha!

:does Google search:
:clicks Wikipedia page:
:ends up on Amazon looking up song titles:
This is awesome! I checked my iPod and I don't have anything of his on there nor do I really recognize any song titles. Sounds right up my alley, though. I'll have to listen to some.

Boon
31, GA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 11 6:16 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Yeah! I hope you liked what you found of Benny Goodman, Patricia! There's a whole host of Big Band leaders from that era that are really good - easy listening and fun. So much talent, too(not that Reliant K isn't - it's just a different music style; and it is a dying art to really play jazz).

edit: dumb italics

Last edited by Boon on Wed Nov 02, 11 6:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Drew Boon (WBE)
33, Carrollton, GA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 11 9:38 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Relient K did a fantastic job with Let It Snow Baby... Let It Reindeer. One of my favorite Christmas albums.

Patricia
31, The Fire Swamp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 16 10:20 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Relient K's new album is really enjoyable. Cool

HSA News
The National Reunion in 2015... ?

2014 Reunion Discussion Forum
(more)

Alumni Spotlight
Nasby Brothers Record Album "Risen"

Sponsors:
MarryWell.org
What is Marry Well?

Shop4HSA:
shop4HSA