Homeschool ALUMNI

Events Forums Members Blogs Job Network Business Directory    

E-Mail:   Pass:   Remember   
Forum Index -> University/College Students & Faculty Introductions

Welcome! Please Introduce Yourself...     Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicole

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 05 11:17 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Create a new topic and introduce yourself to this group! Where are you going to school? What are you studying? What do you see yourself doing with this degree?

Or tell us what you teach, if you happen to be faculty.

Let's start socializing with one another! Wink After all, homeschoolers are great at that...

thayer boy
34, thayer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 06 1:33 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Hi my name is Shane Boddie I live in a small town called Thayer MO. I'm going to college at MSU West Plains MO. I am new on this site hopping Ican meet new and fun people. Razz

Klaus
40, Updated!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 06 4:18 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

thayer boy wrote:
Hi my name is Shane Boddie I live in a small town called Thayer MO. I'm going to college at MSU West Plains MO. I am new on this site hopping Ican meet new and fun people. Razz
Hi Shane, you should start a new thread and not reply to this post Smile But I'm sure the mods will accept your applicaton anyway Wink It probably would be a good idea to make your own thread just so everyone can say hi Smile

Nanners
30, Indiana

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 07 6:52 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I'm Hannah!

I'm going to the University of Indianapolis

I'm studying Music Education!

I'm hoping to teach overseas as a missionary of some sort..

Carissa Marie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 07 6:58 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Hello, my name is Carissa. I live in CA and I'm attending Hancock college in prep for University next year where I plan to major in Pre-Med and move on to Med school. I've been involved in Missions for a long time now and been on several mission trips, I spent three months in Thailand last year working with refugees along the border of Burma. I loved every minute of the mission field and Lord willing, I'll be going back as an MD to continue work among the refugees.

Apollos
30, The Office

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 08 8:12 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Hi, my name is Tyler Hiebert. I'm attending Butler Community College in Kansas. Its a nice, cheap, good school. I'm involved in Student Government there.

Mary Catherine
32, Arkansas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 09 8:51 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Hi! My name is Mary Catherine and I am in grad school studying Christian counseling.

Dyrand and Mae
30, Aurora

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 09 6:46 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I am currently pursuing missionary aviation. You can check out my blog at www.djwmissionaryaviation.blogspot.com.
I am attending SMAT (School of Missionary Aviation Technology) in Michigan. It is an intensive A&P ( Airframe and Powerplant) mechanics program. This program last one year. Next year I hope to get my Private, commercial, and instrument ratings for flight. I am excited about serving the Lord in missionary aviation.

Some other interests are: music (singing with our family), playing violin, hunting, outdoor activities and spending time with my family. I like to stay current with what is going on politically.

One of my other interests is the engagement I am sharing with Maegan. She is amazing! I miss her a lot here at SMAT(School of Missionary Aviation Technology). I always look in the mailbox for her encouraging letters and also look foreward to hearing her lovely voice on the phone.

Chris Gust
35, Grand Forks, ND, USA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 09 7:10 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Saluete omnes, praenomen meum "Chris" est. I am currently finishing my MA degree (major in History, minor in English) at the University of North Dakota. My thesis concerns medieval European ghost/revenant folklore and the dialogue between official belief and popular belief as reflected in high medieval sermons (e.g. those of Caesarius of Heisterbach and Stephen of Bourbon).

That said, my interests are very broad and interdisciplinary.

I hope to go on to a PhD program in History, English or Medieval Studies and, after that, to get paid to teach and to conduct research.

K Temple
32, Pacific Northwest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 10 12:29 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Nicole wrote:
Create a new topic and introduce yourself to this group! Where are you going to school? What are you studying? What do you see yourself doing with this degree?

I am attending a public university in Oregon. My major is ASL/English Interpreting, and my minor is mathematics. I see myself following God's lead. I will probably put the degree/diploma in my portfolio (and possibly show it at job interviews). More seriously, what I have learned applies to so many areas that even if I never interpret, though I expect I will be an interpreter, I will be applying this information to my daily life. I figure I ought to be a life-long student. How are we to serve Him well if we are not continually learning/understanding more about Him and His creation?

Levi Gage
34, Welcome to my profile...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 10 11:38 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Hello! My name is Levi Gage and I just graduated from the College of the Ozarks. Wink

Jordan
27, Ukiah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 11 6:13 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Hi my name is Jordan Garroutte, just recently (this year, 2011) I graduated from Homeschool High School and from the local Community College (Mendocino College), I am going to continue taking a few classes at Mendo and then transfer to a bigger college for my BA and maybe my Masters, all in Business.

Katie
32, Missouri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 12 11:44 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Hello everyone! I am Katie from Missouri! I was homeschooled all my life until I graduated in 2006 and now I am finishing a bachelor of arts in History and Secondary Education. I'm really looking forward to graduating in May and moving on into my chosen career--education! I feel that my homeschool experience prepared me well for education and I hope that I can make a difference in the "system."

VirginiaVA
28, PA

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 12 5:27 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Hey there! I'm Virginia and I was homeschooled my whole life and now I am a junior at West Coast Baptist COllege in Lancaster CA. I'm studying Music Education.

HSA News
The National Reunion in 2015... ?

2014 Reunion Discussion Forum
(more)

Alumni Spotlight
Nasby Brothers Record Album "Risen"

Sponsors:
MarryWell.org
What is Marry Well?

Shop4HSA:
shop4HSA
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> University/College Students & Faculty Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

About   |   shop4HSA   |   Guidelines   |   Keep HSA Safe   |   Help

Hosted by Arrowtech Hosting
Privacy Statement   |   © 2005-2013 Homeschool ALUMNI