Homeschool ALUMNI

Events Forums Members Blogs Job Network Business Directory    

E-Mail:   Pass:   Remember   
Forum Index -> Article Responses page(s) Previous  1, 2

Lessons from a Long Ride: Learning to Persevere     Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua
28, Chicago, IL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 06 7:33 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

That sounds good...maybe when I have the money I will get a horse, I have a special purpose for one Twisted Evil

AlysonB
34, Plumbfield in KC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 06 8:14 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Thank you all so much for your kind words. I hope everyone found this article inspiring.

It was also posted on the association's website and Storm and I received a lot of positive reports from people at horse shows. It also helped spread awareness of homeschooling.

I thought I would update you on Storm's current standing. He showed again this year and won various awards and competed in a 4 State Championship. Him and I won champions in 3 different individual events in the Sho-Me Association this year. We also won the Sportsmanship award for best attitude and participation.

So thanks again for all the congrats here. I really appreciate the feedback. Keep pursuing your dreams and give God your best effort and all the glory, along the way.

Zack Reynolds
31, Fort Collins, CO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 06 7:33 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Princess Buttercup wrote:
Keep pursuing your dreams and give God your best effort and all the glory, along the way.

Thank you, Alyson. Wink

AlysonB
34, Plumbfield in KC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 07 11:20 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I wanted to give a current update here: The President of the ShoMe Horse Show Association passed away unexpectedly on 1-24-07. Yet, he did speak to my dad and me, a while back, and wanted to thank HSA for letting ShoMe be featured on the site. He also thanked me for sharing my story with his association and others. Thought we had a great group of people here.

He was a wonderful man of integrity. He was always putting others first and helping everyone learn. He loved to help others achieve dreams; however small they seemed; while keeping things fun and affordable for all. Because of the article here and the effort and spirit of homeschoolers, he gave me and my horse, the sportsmanship award, only two short months ago. I know he would want each of us to continue to serve and show Christ to our communities. As a part of this community, I wanted to encourage you all to carry on this legacy and lead lives of purpose and integrity, with a spirit of service.

Jim K. (OFC)
52, Les Paul Country, WI

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 07 12:43 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Wow Alyson,

I'm sorry to hear about that. How wonderful that you were able to have a mentor like that and yet how unhappy that his time here was cut short. I know you'll take the things you've learned from him and run with them and be a blessing to others as you already have been!

Jim K.

Camden Spiller
36, Vancouver, WA

[Administrator]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 07 12:34 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Thanks for the update Alyson - and for the reminder and encouragement!

Miss MeganMarie
32, Oregon but Colorado Soon!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 07 9:44 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

WONDERFULLY WELL PUT! Congrats on such a high honor. May the Lord bless you for many years to come. Thanks for sharing, what an encouraging story! Very Happy

With Joy in Christ,
Megan Marie

AKKKK...Sorry for any spelling mistakes...... Embarassed Shocked Confused

AlysonB
34, Plumbfield in KC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 07 6:44 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Storm and Alyson reporting for another update:

HSA's and the ShoMe Horse Show Association's memorable horse and rider TEAM, just won the 2007 High Point award for the adult division team/pair.

An honor we had not won before. Got our first real trophy buckle for that.

I was very proud of him. Storm has his ups and downs and was not able to show some days, due to the hoof injury he still has, which causes a lot of pain. Confused But what a trooper. He may get a little rest now, as a new baby horse has come along to learn the ropes and Storm is enjoying taking slower rides with my nephew Ryan. But hopefully he will be back in the show ring in the future.

He would like to thank all the fans he has acquired over the years, both nationally and locally. We really appreciate it and hope he inspires you to go chase your dreams.

Riding for Christ,

Storm and Alyson

Daniel J. Mount OFC
31, Western North Carolina

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 07 7:30 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Alyson wrote:
Storm and Alyson reporting for another update:

HSA's and the ShoMe Horse Show Association's memorable horse and rider TEAM, just won the 2007 High Point award for the adult division team/pair.

An honor we had not won before. Got our first real trophy buckle for that.

Congratulations, Alyson!

Sarah S.
30, Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 07 9:14 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Wow. Congrats, Alyson ...and Storm too! Very Happy

Lady Rebecca
36, PNW

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 07 11:06 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Yay! Very Happy

Linnae
29, Ava MO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 07 7:07 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Congrats again, Alyson Mr. Green give Storm a hug for me Mr. Green

SprinklerBandit
29, Idaho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 08 2:42 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Congrats, Alyson. I'm a fellow horse aficionado, and I can appreciate the hard work that goes into showing.

What's the new baby like?

Julzy RQ#1 (TAITF)
23, Wide Open Spaces

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 10 6:57 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Yay! Keep up the good work!

HSA News
The National Reunion in 2015... ?

2014 Reunion Discussion Forum
(more)

Alumni Spotlight
Nasby Brothers Record Album "Risen"

Sponsors:
MarryWell.org
What is Marry Well?

Shop4HSA:
shop4HSA